Borrow a book, study in peace or experience adventures at the youth theater? You can do all of that at de nieuwe bibliotheek (The New Library) in Almere.
Responding to the urban design of the location, the triangular building rises along with the curved platform. The majestic central hall proceeds to roof height. From here, all the upper floors are visible. Horizontal strips of glazing accentuate the rising slope of the facade. Non-fiction books and periodicals are displayed on large platforms like those used in department stores.
- every Mondayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Tuesdayfrom 09:00 to 20:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 09:00 to 20:00
- every Thursdayfrom 09:00 to 20:00
- every Fridayfrom 09:00 to 20:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 12:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays