Update: march 25, 2020
On Sunday 15 March 2020 the government has announced additional measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Schools, day cares, restaurants, concert halls, bars, theaters, sports- and fitness clubs will be closed. Also events are cancelled. These measures apply until 6 April 2020 (inclusive) throughout the Netherlands, including Almere. What is the current situation in Almere?
The hotels in Almere are open for overnight stays, but are only allowed to serve food to hotel guests. Some of the restaurants in Almere are open for take-away and delivery: the kitchens remain open, but the seating area is closed.
What measures apply?
- People throughout the Netherlands are encouraged to work from home or stagger their working times if possible.
- Wash your hands on a regular basis.
- Do not shake hands.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use a tissue to sneeze.
- Keep 1,5 meters distance from others
Pay attention! New measures as of March 23 are:
- Collaboration prohibited until 1 June
- Also for less than 100 people
- Mayors can act
- Also against groups and shops
- Substantial fines and closure
- If one person have a fever: the whole family stays at home
What if you have symptoms of the coronavirus / COVID-19?
- Stay at home if you have a cold, a cough, a sore throat or a fever.
- Avoid contact with others (social distancing).
- Call your doctor if your symptoms worsen. You can reach the RIVM through telephone number 0800 – 135. For all additional information regarding the coronavirus / COVID-19 we recommend you to visit the website of the local government and the RIVM.
Events in Almere
Locations such as museums, concert halls, theaters, sports- and fitness clubs are closed until 6 April 2020 (inclusive). In addition to that: all events are cancelled. Please check the website of the event for additional information.